Hong Kong – Eurovision, the operational arm of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), and Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd. (AsiaSat), Asia’s leading satellite operator are pleased to announce an expansion of their partnership for use of multiple C-band transponders on AsiaSat 5 and a teleport service from AsiaSat’s Tai Po Earth Station in Hong Kong.
The C-band transponders will be used for occasional live sports and news transmissions in the AsiaPacific region. They will also support permanent TV channel distribution in Asia for EBU Members and customers. Eurovision and AsiaSat have partnered together since 1999 to deliver top quality sports events to broadcasters holding the rights in the Asia-Pacific region, including major football leagues and tournaments. The collaboration has recently expanded to 4K transmissions of major events successfully delivered to the international broadcasting community.
Over the years, AsiaSat’s space and ground facilities have been a key part of the Eurovision Global Network. Connecting AsiaSat’s Tai Po Earth Station in Hong Kong to the Eurovision FiNE (fibre network) allows Eurovision to provide enhanced value-added services, including equipment hosting, turnaround and uplink services to EBU Members and customers.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020