Hong Kong – Eurovision, the operational arm of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), and Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd. (AsiaSat), Asia’s leading satellite operator are pleased to announce an expansion of their partnership for use of multiple C-band transponders on AsiaSat 5 and a teleport service from AsiaSat’s Tai Po Earth Station in Hong Kong.
The C-band transponders will be used for occasional live sports and news transmissions in the AsiaPacific region. They will also support permanent TV channel distribution in Asia for EBU Members and customers. Eurovision and AsiaSat have partnered together since 1999 to deliver top quality sports events to broadcasters holding the rights in the Asia-Pacific region, including major football leagues and tournaments. The collaboration has recently expanded to 4K transmissions of major events successfully delivered to the international broadcasting community.
Over the years, AsiaSat’s space and ground facilities have been a key part of the Eurovision Global Network. Connecting AsiaSat’s Tai Po Earth Station in Hong Kong to the Eurovision FiNE (fibre network) allows Eurovision to provide enhanced value-added services, including equipment hosting, turnaround and uplink services to EBU Members and customers.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 119 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 74 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 65 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021