Singapore – E! Asia – the pop culture powerhouse of NBCUniversal International Networks (NBCUIN) – announced the premiere of two new Korean series: Saturday Night Live Korea (Season 9) and the launch of Beauty Crush. The announcement comes on the heels of the finale of 2PM Wild Beat, the network’s first acquisition of a Korean series. Complementing the successful launch strategy for 2PM Wild Beat, the two new series will premiere on E! Zone – E!’s on-demand destination – in Singapore (Starhub) and Malaysia (Astro) ahead of their linear broadcasts on E! Asia. Both shows will air in Korean and feature local language subtitles in each of the countries where they air.
Saturday Night Live Korea (Season 9) is a late-night sketch comedy show based on the highly popular Saturday Night Live from NBC in the United States and the Korean format is produced by CJ E&M. The debut of Season 9 on E! Asia now extends the series beyond Korea. Across Asia, clips of SNL have long proven hugely popular on YouTube. Just like the original, the Korean adaptation features top celebrities as guest hosts and performers.
Season 9 gets off to a tremendous start on E! Zone on Saturday, 29 April with the premiere episode hosted by Choi Sooyoung of K-pop mega-group Girls Generation. Season 9 will debut on the E! Asia linear channel one week later on Saturday, 6 May.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 66 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020