Cannes – RAI Com, the Italian public broadcaster’s division for trading in content rights, closed deals for over EUR 1 million recently. It achieved international success, with rights to both the new episodes 31 and 32 and classic earlier episodes selling in the US (MHZ), UK (BBC), Austalia and New Zealand (Hi Gloss), Russia (IGMAR), France (France Television) and Latin America (AMC).
“RAI Com had another solid year at MIPTV,” comments Mattia Oddone, RAI Com Head of International Sales. “The international market is looking for content with a strong feel of place, a quality in which Italian productions excel.”
The freshly restored version of Michele Placido’s pathbreaking Mafia-themed series La Piovra was picked up in by Source 1 for the Benelux countries, Russia’s Syncrony and Vietnam .Strong interest in UK and US for The Bastards of Pizzofalcone, a new crime series hugely successful in its Italian home market about the redemption of a rogue police unit in its fight against organized crime.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020