Hong Kong/Singapore – Southeast Asia’s leading international media event, the Singapore Media Festival (SMF), announced that its fourth edition will be held from 23 November to 3 December 2017. Hosted by the Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA), the festival is a marquee platform to showcase notable regional creative talent, and provide opportunities to discover and connect with a vibrant global media community.
Building upon the festival’s theme of ‘Celebrating Asian Storytelling’, this edition will see the introduction of the Country-of-Focus programme – a concerted spotlight on one Asian country, recognising its rich stories, talents and achievements. 2017’s Country-of-Focus will be Indonesia.
Mr Robert Gilby, Chairman of the Singapore Media Festival Advisory Board and Managing Director of The Walt Disney Company (SEA), said,” Introducing a Country-of-Focus programme is all about creating a bold platform to showcase the quality and variety of creativity originating from that country, and affirming its strong community of creators who continue to push boundaries and explore more collaborations between the country, Singapore and the rest of the world.”
He added, “Southeast Asia is a region rich in potential for great storytellers, and we see the importance of amplifying these voices on the global stage. Singapore and Indonesia commemorate 50 years of bilateral and diplomatic relations in 2017, and in recent years Indonesia has proven to be a vibrant source of great content, talent and stories. It is timely that SMF marks its first Country-of-Focus with Indonesia.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020