Screen Australia CEO Graeme Mason announced that Art Bites, a joint initiative between ABC TV and Screen Australia, will return for a second year. Art Bites is a rare opportunity for four emerging Australian filmmaking teams to create a 6 x 5-minute documentary web series about an art subject of their choosing, to premiere on the ABC Arts channel on iview.
This initiative is designed to unearth up-and-coming creatives with an original and compelling idea for a documentary series that will contribute to the national cultural conversation around art, and in turn secure a broadcasting credit to further their career. A total of $240,000 in grants will be available to fund four projects, with ABC TV and Screen Australia committing $120,000 each. Each team will also be supported by a Screen Australia Investment Manager and an ABC Digital Arts Commissioning Editor. This year all seven of the national state and territory screen agencies have committed to supporting the final projects if any of the successful applicants are from their jurisdictions. Screen Queensland, Screen Territory, Screenwest, South Australian Film Corp, Film Victoria, Screen Tasmania and Screen NSW will contribute up to an additional $30,000 per project, bringing the total per team to $90,000.
“Last year we were so impressed by the exceptional ideas pitched to us and the resulting series have proven there is an appetite for this type of shareable, snack-sized documentary arts content,” said Liz Stevens, Senior Manager of Documentary at Screen Australia. “We are so pleased to be partnering once again with ABC TV to offer four new teams the opportunity to share their perspectives on Australia’s lively and evolving art scene.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 49 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020