Screen Australia CEO Graeme Mason announced that Art Bites, a joint initiative between ABC TV and Screen Australia, will return for a second year. Art Bites is a rare opportunity for four emerging Australian filmmaking teams to create a 6 x 5-minute documentary web series about an art subject of their choosing, to premiere on the ABC Arts channel on iview.
This initiative is designed to unearth up-and-coming creatives with an original and compelling idea for a documentary series that will contribute to the national cultural conversation around art, and in turn secure a broadcasting credit to further their career. A total of $240,000 in grants will be available to fund four projects, with ABC TV and Screen Australia committing $120,000 each. Each team will also be supported by a Screen Australia Investment Manager and an ABC Digital Arts Commissioning Editor. This year all seven of the national state and territory screen agencies have committed to supporting the final projects if any of the successful applicants are from their jurisdictions. Screen Queensland, Screen Territory, Screenwest, South Australian Film Corp, Film Victoria, Screen Tasmania and Screen NSW will contribute up to an additional $30,000 per project, bringing the total per team to $90,000.
“Last year we were so impressed by the exceptional ideas pitched to us and the resulting series have proven there is an appetite for this type of shareable, snack-sized documentary arts content,” said Liz Stevens, Senior Manager of Documentary at Screen Australia. “We are so pleased to be partnering once again with ABC TV to offer four new teams the opportunity to share their perspectives on Australia’s lively and evolving art scene.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020