With a 5% increase of the market share compared to the channel slot average in the key demo (16-34), 5 Gold Rings lives up to the promise of becoming the iconic new game show. The app that lets viewers play along with the game during broadcast was also a great success with 107,000 players in the app, enhancing the viewers’ experience even further.
In 5 Gold Rings, hosted by Phillip Schofield, every pixel counts. Players get five rings to answer questions over five levels. A huge interactive LED floor projects amazing animated pictures that are the base of each question. Players need to put the rings on the correct answer, but the rings become smaller throughout the game, making it even more challenging – whilst the difficulty level of the questions remains the same. And with a unique connected gameplay, viewers have a mini version of the floor in the palm of their hands and can truly be part of the experience.
Co-created by Possessed, part of ITV Studios, and Talpa, it is the first format jointly developed by the two companies. I’s also on air in the Netherlands, on SBS6.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 123 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021