Elif, the daily drama series from Turkish producer Green Yapim has now scored 22 international sales. Broadcasters in Mexico, Paraguay, Hungary, Puerto Rico, Pakistan and Honduras are the latest to snap up the must-have daily.
The most successful show ever on Turkey’s Kanal 7, the series first found international fame in 2015 when it dominated news headlines in Indonesia with record-breaking ratings that made huge stars of the Turkish cast. A local remake was later commissioned. In the Balkans and later Baltic states the series has proven hugely popular, and its latest success has come in Latin America. Since debuting in August 2016 on Caracol in Colombia, the series has enjoyed a 30% share of the viewing public, while Chilean state broadcaster TVN reports an increase in rating from 4% up to 11% during broadcasts of the family drama. In Peru, Latina have already ordered seasons 2 and 3 having also seen impressive ratings during the first season.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 44 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020