Elif, the daily drama series from Turkish producer Green Yapim has now scored 22 international sales. Broadcasters in Mexico, Paraguay, Hungary, Puerto Rico, Pakistan and Honduras are the latest to snap up the must-have daily.
The most successful show ever on Turkey’s Kanal 7, the series first found international fame in 2015 when it dominated news headlines in Indonesia with record-breaking ratings that made huge stars of the Turkish cast. A local remake was later commissioned. In the Balkans and later Baltic states the series has proven hugely popular, and its latest success has come in Latin America. Since debuting in August 2016 on Caracol in Colombia, the series has enjoyed a 30% share of the viewing public, while Chilean state broadcaster TVN reports an increase in rating from 4% up to 11% during broadcasts of the family drama. In Peru, Latina have already ordered seasons 2 and 3 having also seen impressive ratings during the first season.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 181 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 168 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 145 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 105 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021