Asian Television Awards in the finals of Shorty Awards
Singapore – The Asian Television Awards has reached the finals of the 9th Annual Shorty Awards for the first time. The Asian equivalent of the EMMY Awards is shortlisted in five categories include Asia, Emerging Platform, Live Event Coverage, Twitter Partnership and Weibo. Other finalists this year include the EMMY Awards, iHeartRadio Music Awards, the iHeartRadio Music Festival, MTV EMA, Singapore Tourism Board and a few other notable events.
Every year the Shorty Awards honours the best work across social media’s vast and growing landscape, in what is widely recognised as the Oscars of the Social Media. Now in its ninth year, it continues to recognise the most innovative, creative, and culturally relevant brands, organisations, agencies and influencers on social media.
Finalists were selected by the Real Time Academy of Short Form Arts & Sciences, whose members the includes CMO of GE, Linda Boff, Apple Co-founder Steve “Woz” Wozniak and Instagram Co-Founder Mike Krieger and more. Winners will be announced during the ceremony on Sunday, 23 April in New York City.
The team at the Asian Television Awards is particularly delighted with the achievement, especially since the 2016 event was only the second year in which the awards has actively used social media to reach out to the public. Prior to 2015, the Asian Television Awards (ATA) was positioned as a trade-only event, reaching out to television professionals within Asia-Pacific.
The 2016 Asian Television Awards’ social media impressions included Facebook 10,548,763, (Source: Facebook Insights), Twitter 6.95m (Source: Twitter Analytics), Instagram 292,047 (Source: Instagram Insights), Weibo 1,622,658 (Source: Weibo) and Steller 252,025 (Source: Steller). ATA2016 partnered with Twitter’s live streaming app Periscope for the first time and also connected to visual storytelling app, Steller. ATA2016 also used Facebook Live to live stream direct via satellite feed for the first time. The numbers were outstanding for a first time user: Facebook reach (more than 1.7m), Views (353k), Comments (13.7k), Reactions (11.9k) & Shares (1.5k).
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 75 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 43 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 40 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 36 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020