Philippine – ABS-CBN maintained its lead over its rival network nationwide after it hit an average audience share of 44% among urban and rural homes as compared to GMA’s audience share of 35% in February, according to recent data from Kantar Media. Multinational audience measurement provider Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,610 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population.
ABS-CBN once again ruled primetime (6PM-12MN) where it scored an average audience share of 47%, a 13-point lead compared to GMA’s 34%. The primetime block is the most important part of the day when most Filipinos watch TV and advertisers put a larger chunk of their investment in to reach more consumers effectively. ABS-CBN also led the morning block (6AM-12NN) with 38% versus GMA’s 35%; the noontime block (12NN-3PM) with 45% versus GMA’s 35%; and afternoon block (3PM-6PM) with 44% versus GMA’s 36%.
Out of the top 20 most watched programs in the country last month, 14 programs were produced by ABS-CBN. Topping the list is FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano with an average national TV rating of 37.9% followed by Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids (36.8%), Wansapanataym (32.5%), MMK (30.7%), TV Patrol (30.2%), My Dear Heart (27.4%), Home Sweetie Home (25.1%), Goin Bulilit (24.5%), Wildflower (21.5%), Rated K (19.3%), Ipaglaban Mo (19.1%), Doble Kara (19%), It’s Showtime (Saturday) (18.8%), and TV Patrol Weekend (18.5%).
My Dear Heart notably beat GMA’s newest primetime offering Destined to Be Yours which only scored an average national TV rating of 19.6%. Its pilot telecast on 27th February generated only 20.2% nationwide while My Dear Heart hit 29.1%. ABS-CBN also beat GMA in February in other areas. More viewers tune into the Kapamilya network in Total Balance Luzon with an average national audience share of 45% versus GMA’s 38%; in Total Luzon with 40% vs GMA’s 37%, in Total Visayas with 52% versus GMA’s 30%; and in Total Mindanao with 53% versus GMA’s 31%. As ABS-CBN kept its lead over its rival network, it also dominated the digital space in 2016. ABS-CBN’s media website www.abs-cbn.com breached three billion page views and averaged 40.3 million monthly users, becoming the biggest local website in the country. It also ranked fourth after global giants Facebook, YouTube, and Google, according to web traffic data and analytics site Alexa.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 181 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 166 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 145 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 105 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021