ITV Studios has announced its wide range of new formats as it unveiled its slate for this year’s MIPTV at its Formats Festival 2017.Close to 150 buyers from around the world are attending the event in central London, as producers from across the ITV Studios stable present on the various entertainment, factual entertainment and quiz formats announced.
The new inclusions, outlined below, join ITV Studios’ slate of established international formats, including I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!, Hell’s Kitchen and The Chase, as well as those which continue to grow in global appeal such as Meet the Parents, recently commissioned in Germany and Finland, Big Star’s Little Star, and Keeping The Nation Alive.
The Family Chase (Potato) – the international hit quiz format is becoming a family affair, with each episode featuring one family who will face off against The Chaser. An Intimate new fixed rig format, The Commute (Waddell Media), gets under the skin of the daily commute. In Best Firefighter (ITVS Norway), the nation’s bravest and toughest individuals go head-to-head in the search for the ultimate real-life hero. Full of death-defying challenges and nerve-wracking group tasks, this competition celebrates the men and women who put their lives on the line every day. Game of Chefs: On The Road (Reshet) – the epic cookery battle is back, but this time the chefs are taking the competition to the streets.. All three trucks then set up in a pop-up food fair, where they will compete for the votes of 60 locals who will decide each week’s winning pair. Newzoids (The Factory) – these puppets aren’t for children! Newzoids is the animated satirical sketch show that pokes fun at the biggest names in political and pop culture. Featuring the signature Newzoid puppets, this is quick turn-around topical comedy with a surreal twist. Building on the breakout 2016 success of This Time Next Year, which has sold in 14 territories to date, two brand new Twofour time-travel formats – The Home Game and Give It A Year – launch on ITV in the UK this year.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 46 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020