New York – A+E Networks has appointed Laura Fleury as SVP, Head of Programming, International; it was announced by Patrick Vien, Executive Managing Director, International, to whom she will report. In her new post, Fleury will be responsible for setting A+E Networks’ international programming vision to drive performance and growth across the company’s portfolio outside the U.S. which includes HISTORY, H2, Lifetime, A&E Network, FYI, Blaze and Crime + Investigation.
She will oversee the global programming teams on development of original content, co-productions, scheduling and acquisition strategies with the objective to increase cultural relevance around A+E’s brands worldwide. In addition, she will have oversight of content sourced from A+E’s U.S. networks and will collaborate on international investments in scripted, movies, co-productions and original productions, as well as, help organise new programming strategies for new channel launches. Fleury will oversee a New York-based programming team and work closely with the programming leads for all A+E brands internationally. She will continue to serve as a senior advisor to A+E networks for crime programming.
Fleury has been with A+E Networks for over 20 years, and was previously appointed Senior Vice President, Programming & Development of LMN in 2015, having served in the role as Head of Programming & Development since 2013. In this position, she created and executed a plan for introducing original programming to LMN, overseeing all development and programming, and serving as executive producer on all series and specials, including Escaping Polygamy, I Love You… But I Lied, My Crazy Ex and The Secret Tapes of the O.J Simpson Case, among others. She also developed and launched LMN’s first fully-original scripted movie, House of Darkness, which garnered the highest ratings for LMN in 2016, and was instrumental in developing a movie/book partnership between A+E Networks and Harlequin.
Prior to LMN, Fleury held senior positions at A&E Network, where she developed and executive produced many of the network’s top-rated series including global hit franchise The First 48 (still going strong after 13 years), Emmy-nominated Beyond Scared Straight, 2-time Emmy-nominated Cold Case Files (including the new 2017 reboot), Parking Wars, Manhunters: Fugitive Task Force, I Survived…, Parole Board and many more.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 81 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 35 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 32 views | posted on March 2, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 30 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020