New York – A+E Networks has inked multiple program sales agreements across a variety of genres to top broadcasters in Canada, it was announced by Ellen Lovejoy, Vice President, Head of Content Sales, Americas and Formats. From the scripted catalogue, Corus’ Historia will premiere ROOTS in French-speaking Canada while in English Canada, History premiered SIX on January 18 and snapped up KNIGHTFALL, as well as the unscripted hits, DONNIE LOVES JENNY slated for SLICE, and PSYCHIC KIDS slated for OWN and Crime + Investigation.
ROOTS has been acquired by the Crave streaming service in English-speaking Canada; in addition, AND THEN THERE WERE NONE and UnREAL have been picked up by SRC in French-speaking Canada. Unscripted sales include PARANORMAL STATE, POSSESSED, HOMEGROWN MAKEOVER and DOOMSDAY: 10 WAYS THE WORLD WILL END to Blue Ant. SRC has renewed BIG HISTORY, MANKIND: THE STORY OF US and POPE BENEDICT for Explora.
“Since joining A+E Networks, Bryan Gabourie has made an immediate impact closing sales across Canada and further strengthening our relationships throughout the territory,” said Lovejoy. “We are thrilled that A+E Networks’ captivating storytelling continues to connect with Canadian audiences.”
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021