Singapore – Asia Pacific multichannel TV association CASBAA released its exclusive, members only “Myanmar in View” report on the fast-evolving multichannel market in Myanmar, one of the world’s most dynamic media and telecoms economies.
The “Myanmar in View 2017” report was released at the opening of CASBAA’s “Essential Building Blocks for Multichannel TV in Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos” spotlight conference in Singapore.Just 12 months ago TV household penetration touched 5.8 million homes, or 55%. Nationally pay-TV connections amounted to 12% of total households. Within the traditional TV market there are signs of rapid expansion. In the free-to-air sector, the number of channels increased fivefold from four networks in 2009 to 20 channels at the end of 2015.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 37 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 35 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020