WebTVAsia’s Awards returns with star-studded lineup
Seoul, South Korea – For the second year, Asia’s most anticipated annual digital creator awards show, WebTVAsia Awards 2016 makes a spectacular return on 26 November 2016 with K-pop mega stars, SNSD (Girls’ Generation) and Japan’s global viral sensation Piko Taro. They will headline an all-star line-up of over 500 leading artistes, digital creators and entertainment industry leaders from 12 countries in Asia. The awards ceremony is organised and hosted by WebTVAsia, a digital media and entertainment company that develops, produces, markets and distributes content across multiple digital platforms.
“The WebTVAsia Awards, with the theme, “Celebrate Asia” is more than an awards show. It is a physical platform to showcase the best Asian content creators with the objective of creating the next regional or even global superstar, “said Fred Chong, group CEO, WebTVAsia. “Through this celebration of Asian digital content creators, we also aim to drive collaboration among the diverse talent across Asia to develop content that is uniquely for the Asian Millennial audience,” continued Chong.
This year, WebTVAsia brings its Awards show to Korea, a country highly respected as a global leader in media and entertainment and as a way to showcase the country’s best digital talent, content and culture to the rest of the world. A total of 33 award categories including the most coveted Freaking Awesome Video of the Year, Channel of the Year and Breakout Creator of the Year are up for grabs this year among 150 nominees selected from China, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and India.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020