Singapore – NAGRA, a Kudelski Group company and the world’s leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, announced that Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC), one of the leading multi-system cable operators in Taiwan, has rolled out a newly digitised platform powered by OpenTV 5.
NAGRA has been a key partner in TBC’s ongoing digitisation efforts providing the operator with both OpenTV 5 advanced set-top box software and system integration services required to support a rapid transition to an all-digital platform and the fulfilment of regulatory requirements. As part of this effort, TBC shipped close to one million set-top boxes powered by the OpenTV 5 operating system, marking the largest deployment of OpenTV 5 in Asia.
TBC deployed OpenTV 5 with minimal configuration and customization enabling the operator to transition existing services onto a new hybrid TV platform blending both linear and Internet TV services. OpenTV 5 is part of NAGRA’s MediaLive Suite, a powerful set of innovative digital television solutions that provides secure, engaging and intuitive user experiences via a powerful back-end that supports an all-screen connected home scenario. TBC selected NAGRA’s OpenTV 5 operating system in 2015.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 8,910 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 59 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Indonesia’s pride, Viu Shorts! is back with 16 short films by Indonesian students 50 views | posted on July 28, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 49 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020