Bangkok – With 300 industry professionals from 36 countries (including 18 Asian nationalities) in attendance and the 40 exhibiting companies on hand, ASIAN SIDE OF THE DOC 2016 held in Bangkok (October 31- November 3) proved to be very effective in efforts to reach key players in the ASEAN region. The annual pitching forum and programmes sales market enjoyed an excellent 2:1 producer-to-broadcaster ratio with 90 international decision makers present, that fostered an invaluable networking and deal-making environment for delegates.
Additionally, close to 165 one-to-one meetings were arranged over four days between independent producers and buyers to get straight into creative and financial discussions.This 7th edition had the objective to build in Bangkok the ASEAN regional hub for documentary coproduction and knowledge exchange as the Asian content business becomes a bigger industry. Co-organizers Sunny Side of the Doc and Wishtrend Thailand counted on the support of Diamond partners, Thai pubcaster MCOT and its production structure Panorama Worldwide, to cater to this growing trend to generate more business leads. The first full coproduction partnership between Thailand (MCOT) and the UK (UKTV) were concluded this week at Asian Side of the Doc to bring the new food series, “A Taste of Thailand” (working title 10×60’) to a global audience.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021