CBS has ordered Candy Crush a new one-hour, live action game show series based on the globally renowned mobile game franchise. CBS, Lionsgate and King will join together on the new format created and executive produced by Matt Kunitz that will be distributed domestically by CBS Television Distribution and internationally by Lionsgate.
In the game Candy Crush Saga, players match colourful candies in combinations of three or more to win points, defeat obstacles and progress through more than 2,000 levels. Candy Crush Saga and its sister title, Candy Crush Soda Saga, are two of the top 10 grossing mobile games in the U.S.
On average, 18 billion game rounds are played every month around the world.* In the series, the game that has become a worldwide phenomenon comes to life as teams of two people use their wits and physical agility to compete on enormous, interactive game boards featuring next generation technology to conquer Candy Crush and be crowned the champions. A host will be announced at a later date.
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 114 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 65 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- 5 reasons why AXN’s ‘Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector’ needs to be on your watchlist 63 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Singapore High Court has blocked dozens of illicit streaming sites 57 views | posted on July 8, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020