MIPCOM – FremantleMedia International (FMI) announced that it has extended its multi-year digital deal with the China headquartered portal, Youku. The agreement was originally signed in 2013 and has now been extended for another three years. The deal ensures a variety of FMI’s premium entertainment and drama content continues to be available to Chinese online audiences averaging 130 million unique users a day. Second only to Youtube in terms of worldwide viewership, Youku also has an incredible 240 million mobile users. FMI was one of the first independent distributors to strike such a deal of this scale with the enormously popular platform and continues to be a major contributor to Youku’s lineup.
Ganesh Rajaram, FremantleMedia International Executive Vice President Asia, said, “We have been working with Youku for three years now and are thrilled to extend our agreement with this fantastic partner. While local content is a big thing in China, Youku has managed to build a loyal base of video enthusiasts who will be able to enjoy some of our best known shows for another three years, once again demonstrating their mass appeal around the world.”
Taking a wide selection of content exclusively for its VOD channels, youku.com, and tudou.com, more than 100 hundred hours of FMI programming will be available on Youku. The globally successful hit series such as America’s Got Talent and Project Runway will continue on the service.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020