Paris, Rome – Eutelsat Communications presented fresh data on trends shaping Italy’s TV landscape where average viewing of linear content is the highest in Western Europe, at four hours and 40 minutes per person per day. Using research commissioned from TNS, the Eutelsat TV Observatory shows that satellite reception continues to consolidate its place in Italy’s TV market, reaching into 8.4 million homes, up three percent since Eutelsat’s 2013 survey.
Eutelsat’s HOTBIRD satellites, that are the backbone of pay-TV and free-to-air viewing in Italy, account for 7.4 million homes. A further 763,000 homes are equipped to watch foreign-language channels from other Eutelsat neighbourhoods, led by EUTELSAT 16A, EUTELSAT 9B and EUTELSAT 7 West A. Ninety-five per cent of satellite homes in Italy are served by a Eutelsat satellite.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 49 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- Synamedia report: Knockout blow for sports piracy requires incentives and deterrents 40 views | posted on October 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020