London – Independent producer Nevision and Lavender Pictures (headed by Ben Kingsley and producer/actress Daniela Lavender) are co-developing a new drama series, Cousin Bazilio, based on a novel written by Eca de Queiroz in 1878.
Cousin Bazilio is a tale of sexual fire and psychological truth set during one over-heated summer in 19th Century Lisbon. It tells of the battle between two women: Juliana, the embittered maid and her employer Luisa, a beautiful, but bored, housewife, whose volatile affair with her cousin, Bazilio, sets off a train of dramatic consequences. Adultery, blackmail and lust are scattered like seeds of black comedy in the fertile earth of bourgeois society.
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 60 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 58 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 48 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 47 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020