MIPCOM – NBCUniversal International Formats and MBC Korea have formed a partnership to co-develop and produce original formats for Korean and international audiences. Acting as NBCUniversal International Formats’ first partnership with a leading Asian terrestrial network, the deal is designed to utilise both parties’ creativity to develop hit scripted and non-scripted formats.
As one of Korea’s most successful television and radio networks, MBC is home to a host of local hits including Where Are We Going, Dad?, King of Mask Singer, Infinite Challenge and a selection of Korean drama titles. With a vast knowledge of the Korean market, MBC will work with NBCUniversal International Formats to develop formats that work both locally and globally.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 305 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’ 64 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 54 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment announces its first original production on Thrill – ‘Model Family’ 50 views | posted on October 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020