London – NBCUniversal International Studios announces it has optioned the rights for Trees, a science fiction graphic novel series by comic book writer and New York Times bestselling author, Warren Ellis and illustrator, Jason Howard. The comics will be adapted for screen by London-based television production company, Hardy Son & Baker, with whom NBCUniversal International Studios has a first look deal.
Trees is an elevated-genre graphic novel series set ten years after the arrival of vast alien presences, who stand on the Earth’s surface like “trees”, that do not move or communicate. Appearing not to acknowledge human life and society, the series follows the silent pressure and strange changes they exert on global communities from China to the Arctic Circle.
Tom Coan, SVP, Scripted Programming at NBCUniversal International Studios comments, “Warren is one of the top names in comics and a best-selling author who has a terrifically subversive perspective on story. It’s that unique sensibility that sits at the heart of Trees, where he has turned the alien invasion genre on its ear. In addition to being inventive, Trees is simultaneously epic and intimate; a combination that lends itself very well to international television.”
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,538 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 114 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 104 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 96 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020