What is Modern Time’s general strategy for Asia?
We are both a content producer and distributor in Asia with strong footing in Japan, India, China and a few other countries.
We also operate a multi-channel network (MCN) business that we recently launched in Japan, China and India, where we work with Yahoo. Some of the videos you see on Yahoo are produced by us. There are about two thousand journalists around the globe producing more than four hundred videos a day for multiple newspapers. They are actually transforming stories from print to digital. These are for newspapers or portals who would like to document their stories with videos. This is what we do around the globe. From these gatherings, we have established an entire network and cover a lot of stuff ourselves pro-actively, which we then sell around the world.
We have huge digital influence in our businesses and that’s also something we’re looking for in this region. We have 2.5 billion views a month which is the biggest in Europe, the 5th largest for video in the world and the 2nd largest in Brazil. The scale of it is huge, but we’re not big enough in Asia.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 133 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021