Singapore — Kickstarter, the world’s largest funding community for creative projects, launches in Asia today, officially extending its service to creators in both Singapore and Hong Kong for the first time. Kickstarter introduced crowd funding to a new generation of creators – from filmmakers, musicians, and authors, to artists, designers, game developers, and beyond, who use it to fund and build communities of support around projects across the creative universe.
“Kickstarter has empowered millions of people to be part of the development and production of new creative works. As one of the most exciting regions for emerging creative culture and innovation, we’re thrilled to begin to support creators in Asia,” says CEO and co-founder, Yancey Strickler.
Residents of Singapore and Hong Kong have been an active and generous part of the Kickstarter community for years. More than 100,000 people from both countries have made more than 600,000 pledges to creative projects. And there have been a number of inspired projects by creators from both countries over the past few years. Creators in Singapore have been able to launch Kickstarter projects in the past – the likes of AICO Technologies’ Smart Egg and Witching Hour Studios’ Masquerada: Songs and Shadows. But the barriers to entry have been much higher — creators have had to set up companies or work with collaborators outside of Singapore to launch their projects. Opening in Singapore will make the process easier and more accessible to everyone with a local bank account and a verified identification. With this level of involvement from Singapore and Hong Kong, Kickstarter aims to reduce the barriers to entry for the creative communities to bring their creative projects to life.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 193 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 105 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 47 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020