Discovery Communications appoints MD for Eurosports
London – In line with its strategy to bring premium content to more viewers on more screens than ever before, Discovery Communications has appointed Ralph Rivera to the newly created position of Managing Director, Eurosport Digital. He will begin the role on September 26, based in London, and will report to Michael Lang, Executive Vice President of International Development & Digital for Discovery Communications, as well as work closely with Peter Hutton, CEO of Eurosport, and his leadership team.
Eurosport is the number one sports destination in Europe and connects fans and athletes around the greatest sporting events across all screens. Rivera is charged with leading the aggressive expansion of Eurosport’s digital businesses, which today include Eurosport.com – the continent’s number one sports news website, and Eurosport Player – the leading subscription-based OTT sports platform across Europe giving fans an all-access pass anytime and on any device in 52 countries. He will collaborate with local teams to drive innovation for next-generation digital sports products and make the brand’s content available across all screens, to enhance viewers’ digital sports experience.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.9k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 74 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 58 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020