Toronto, Canada – Corus Entertainment’s Nelvana, one of the world’s leading international producers and distributors of children’s animated content, announced that they have licensed the multi-territory broadcast and on-demand rights for Polly and the ZhuZhu Pets to Disney channels worldwide. Inspired by the successful toy phenomenon that swept the Zhuniverse beginning in 2009, the 26×22-minute series is set to air on Disney channel in the U.S., followed by Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa. Corus Entertainment’s Canadian premiere date for its homegrown series will be announced at a later date.
Produced by Nelvana in their Toronto studio, Polly and the ZhuZhu Pets features the well-loved characters Pipsqueak, Num Nums, Chunk, and Mr. Squiggles, as well as some adorable new faces. The curious bunch of fun-seeking adventurers live with Polly and the Pamplemousse family in Anytown. With their distinctive birthmarks, undeniable charm, and fur-raising escapades, the ZhuZhus certainly prove they are no ordinary pets – they’re extraordinary! Always on a quest for fun, the ZhuZhus have to stay on their tiny toes to keep up with the non-stop action, laughs, and adventures.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020