Hong Kong- The 20th Hong Kong International Film and TV Market (FILMART), organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), has just ended. This year’s FILMART welcomed more than 7,300 buyers during the four-day fair, up three percent over the previous year. There was a significant growth in buyers from Asia. Participation from India, Korea and Vietnam recorded double-digit growth.
In its 20th year, FILMART featured 800 exhibitors from more than 30 countries and regions, setting a new record for the event held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC). FILMART is now recognised as one of the world’s foremost film and TV marketplaces, promoting cross-media and cross-sector collaborations and facilitating film financing, distribution, production and post-production.
FILMART has long been an important platform for the local entertainment industry to release new productions and announce new development strategies. More than 70 events, including seminars, press conferences and networking activities were held during this year’s FILMART. In addition to the participation of leading film companies such as Media Asia Distribution Limited, Mei Ah Entertainment Group Limited, Emperor Motion Pictures and Sun Entertainment Culture Limited; the Flagship Entertainment Group – a joint venture between Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB), CMC Holdings and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. unveiled its logo and line-up of films.
FILMART also featured a series of heavyweight speakers from the realms of film, TV, digital entertainment, post-production, animation and music.
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 399 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 337 views | posted on January 16, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 79 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020