Hong Kong- The 20th Hong Kong International Film and TV Market (FILMART), organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), has just ended. This year’s FILMART welcomed more than 7,300 buyers during the four-day fair, up three percent over the previous year. There was a significant growth in buyers from Asia. Participation from India, Korea and Vietnam recorded double-digit growth.
In its 20th year, FILMART featured 800 exhibitors from more than 30 countries and regions, setting a new record for the event held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC). FILMART is now recognised as one of the world’s foremost film and TV marketplaces, promoting cross-media and cross-sector collaborations and facilitating film financing, distribution, production and post-production.
FILMART has long been an important platform for the local entertainment industry to release new productions and announce new development strategies. More than 70 events, including seminars, press conferences and networking activities were held during this year’s FILMART. In addition to the participation of leading film companies such as Media Asia Distribution Limited, Mei Ah Entertainment Group Limited, Emperor Motion Pictures and Sun Entertainment Culture Limited; the Flagship Entertainment Group – a joint venture between Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB), CMC Holdings and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. unveiled its logo and line-up of films.
FILMART also featured a series of heavyweight speakers from the realms of film, TV, digital entertainment, post-production, animation and music.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 104 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 44 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 33 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020