The worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products, and HIT Entertainment, one of the world’s leading pre-school entertainment companies and a subsidiary of Mattel, has today announced its latest CGI feature length Thomas & Friends™ special Sodor’s Legend of the Lost Treasure will debut in 5,000 cinemas across China on the 20th February 2016.
This is the first time a Mattel-owned brand has seen a theatrical release in China, and will be the first non-native children’s movie of the Chinese New Year to be released in cinemas. The exciting debut of Sodor’s Legend of the Lost Treasure, which has been specially dubbed in Mandarin, comes after two years of planning and will screen in cities countrywide including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Zhejiang, Jiangsu, Chengdu and Shenyang. A blue carpet premiere is planned for the 18th February in Shanghai.
Peter Broegger, MD of Mattel APAC said: “This is a historic and unprecedented moment in the development of the Thomas & Friends franchise in China. The reach and scale of this theatrical release means we can engage with families and children in a whole new way by bringing Thomas to the big screen across the country.”
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 129 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021