THE LATE LATE SHOW with JAMES CORDEN’s popular viral segment Carpool Karaoke hit a new high note today with Adele Carpool Karaoke surpassing 67.5 million views, making it the most watched Late Night YouTube clip ever. According to data from Tubular Labs, the Adele Carpool Karaoke clip is also the fastest-growing Late Night clip on YouTube. Within its first five days on YouTube, the clip had generated a record-breaking 42 million views. In addition, the video drove a double-digit percentage increase in subscribers to the show’s YouTube Channel in that same time period.
This marks the second milestone for THE LATE LATE SHOW during the same week. Sunday’s post-Super Bowl broadcast delivered 4.97 million viewers, the series’ most-watched broadcast since the show’s inception in 1995.
The Carpool Karaoke segments are a consistent viral hit. The Justin Bieber Carpool Karaoke was named one of YouTube’s Top 10 most viral videos of 2015. In addition to Adele and Justin Bieber, Corden’s Carpool Karaoke has featured One Direction, Iggy Azaela, Mariah Carey, Carrie Underwood, Stevie Wonder, Jennifer Hudson, Rod Stewart, Jason Derulo and more. The two most recent Carpool Karaoke segments, which launched within the last two weeks, featuring Coldplay’s Chris Martin and legendary musician Elton John.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 342 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 84 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 80 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 52 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020