Eric was in Asia for the networks’ two launches in Thailand and Malaysia. Thailand was the first country in Asia to carry DreamWorks multi-platform service channel to feature the most original content of any kids channel in the region.
What exclusive content do you have for Asia?
Eric: The channel is rolling out new shows almost on a monthly basis. Currently, these are available exclusively on the DreamWorks Channel and nowhere else. In addition to series programming, we offer our audiences ‘movie moments’ and other DreamWorks highlights, making the channel and our digital destinations the home for all of the favorite DreamWorks characters.
Are there plans to localise content for Asia?
Eric: DreamWorks has for some time, been investing in localisation, and as a result, we’ve offered the channel from launch, fully dubbed in Thai, Bahasa Malaysian, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog, Cantonese and Mandarin. In addition to local languages, we’ve acquired and are telecasting shows from leading producers in the region.
DreamWorks programming in Thailand and Malaysia includes its signature original series All Hail King Julien, starring the world’s biggest party animal from the hugely successful Madagascar theatrical films, and The Adventures of Puss in Boots, featuring the sword-fighting feline fortune-hunter made famous by the Shrek franchise. Dragons: Race to the Edge, inspired by the critically acclaimed How to Train Your Dragon films, will further build out the schedule in Q4 this year, with even more original series expected to be added in early 2016.
Joining the award-winning line-up will be many other established characters, such as Casper the Friendly Ghost in his adventure series Casper’s Scare School, and the new original series Dinotrux, a action-packed adventure series of prehistoric proportions based on a series of award-winning children’s books. The channel will also present a daily morning preschool block, DreamWorks Junior, featuring favourites Raa Raa The Noisy Lion and Guess with Jess.
What are your plans (after Thailand/Malaysia)?
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 115 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 71 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 63 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021