Subscription video on demand is growing rapidly in Australia, becoming an increasingly popular way to watch video content. From January to March 2015, Australia saw the launch of new SVoD services, including Netflix, Presto TV and Stan, and the take-up since then has been rapid. With the introduction of these services, Australians now have a greater range of video content viewing options.
An ACMA survey found that an estimated 3.2 million adult Australians (17 per cent) watched video content via SVoD in the six months to June 2015, and 2.2 million (12 per cent) in the last seven days at June 2015.
Since March 2015, Netflix accounts for the majority of SVoD services used in Australia. An estimated 2.5 million adult Australians (14 per cent) used Netflix Australia to stream TV shows or movies in the six months to June 2015.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,215 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 92 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 77 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 73 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020