Tokyo– NHK WORLD TV, NHK’s international television service in English, will reinforce its presentation of local stories from around Japan for the second half of the 2015 broadcasting year with the addition of a new program, Hometown Stories. The series will consist of programmes produced by NHK’s regional stations in Japan, depicting provincial Japanese lifestyles, culture, industry and other richly varied content with strong local colour. Amid the growing influx of tourists from abroad and rising interest in Japan, NHK has received increasing requests for information about not only Tokyo and other major cities and the most famous tourist spots but also the places lesser known to overseas audience.
The programs range from long-running series featuring local topics, to attractive “close-up” human interest documentaries about the local people.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 37 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020