EUTELSAT 8 West B satellite in full commercial service
Paris– Eutelsat Communications (NYSE Euronext Paris: ETL) announces that its new EUTELSAT 8 West B has been fully powered up and is already broadcasting TV channels to over 52 million homes in the Middle East and North Africa.
Launched on August 20 by an Ariane 5 rocket, the new high-power satellite is co-located with a constellation of satellites operated by Eutelsat and Nilesat at the 7/8 degrees West neighbourhood.
Working in close collaboration with clients, Eutelsat completed a seamless upgrade in the night of September 30 of over 210 television channels onto the new satellite from two Eutelsat satellites located at 7/8 degrees West. Both satellites are now being relocated, enabling Eutelsat to furtheroptimise its fleet*. The additional capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B will enable over a hundred further channels to be accommodated.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 33 views | posted on September 22, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020