London- DRG, one of the world’s leading content distributors, announced that it has acquired the exclusive worldwide rights to Robert Redford’s epic documentary series, The West, and will be launching the brand new series at this year’s MIPCOM.
The 8×60’ series, which is executive produced and presented by Academy Award winner Robert Redford, chronicles the dramatic evolution of the American West in the 19th century. Produced by Stephen David Entertainment with Sundance Productions for AMC and currently in production, the series is set to air next year, with DRG holding the international distribution rights.
Using a blend of beautifully realised dramatization, documentary footage and visual effects, The West catapults viewers into the violent and action-packed world of the cowboys, Indians, outlaws and gunslingers of the Wild West. The series will also include guest contributions from talent including Ed Harris, Kiefer Sutherland, Kris Kristofferson, Burt Reynolds and James Caan, to name a few.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.9k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 72 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 58 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020