Hong Kong – Turner Broadcasting has greenlit a new co-production with Synergy Media and Studio Goindol, marking the network’s biggest ever animation project in Korea.
The series – entitled Beat Monsters – is a comedy starring alien monsters from outer space on the lookout for the ultimate beat. There will be 52×2’ shorts and additional micro-shorts. Each episode will fuse live-action footage and CGI animation techniques to create a rich and colourful environment.
“These fun and fresh shorts are exactly what we’re looking for as part of our International Shorts Program,” said Mark Eyers, Chief Content Officer for Turner’s Kids Networks in Asia Pacific. “Turner has made a firm commitment to generating and supporting the production of original comedy animation right around the world – and we’re really pleased to find a likeminded and globally-focused partner in Korea. When it launches, Beat Monsters will deliver world-class laughs around the world from London to Lagos, and Madrid to Manila.”
Beat Monsters is expected to air in late 2016 on Turner’s portfolio of kids’ channels in Asia Pacific including Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Toonami, as well as on Cartoon Network in EMEA. The project is under development with the assistance from Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA) and, in 2014, the pilot short was named ‘Best-in-Show’ at the Asian Animation Summit.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,058 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 76 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020