Munich, New York – Red Arrow International and Sundance TV announced its partnership on Cleverman, an epic genre drama featuring a superb ensemble cast led by Scottish actor Iain Glen (Game of Thrones), Golden Globe® nominee Frances O’Connor (The Missing), Deborah Mailman (The Sapphires), Hunter Page-Lochard (The Sapphires), Rob Collins (The Lion King) and Stef Dawson (The Hunger Games).
With production set in Sydney, Cleverman (6 x 1 hour) is an epic new genre drama produced by Goalpost Pictures Australia and New Zealand’s Pukeko Pictures for ABC TV Australia in co-production with Sundance TV and Red Arrow International, with the assistance of Screen Australia, Screen NSW and the New Zealand Screen Production Grant.
Red Arrow International is distributing the drama worldwide and the show will have its market launch at MIPCOM in October.
“Sundance TV is becoming the U.S. home to some of the most intriguing and interesting television shows from around the world,” said Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and Sundance TV. “We’re looking forward to having Cleverman join the Golden Globe® winning ‘Carlos,’ France’s International Emmy® winning ‘The Returned’ and other acclaimed series that U.S. viewers can’t find anywhere else. We were drawn to Cleverman’s originality, character-driven storylines and thought-provoking nature – qualities central to many of Sundance TV’s signature series.”
Henrik Pabst, Managing Director, Red Arrow International, says: “This bold and ambitious project is both hugely original and very timely and relevant in its themes. Sundance TV is the perfect home for the show and we are delighted to be partnering with them to bring Cleverman to US viewers.”
Jan Frouman, CEO of Red Arrow Entertainment Group and Executive Producer on the show, says: “Cleverman has been a thrilling journey from the beginning, and we are delighted to work alongside such great partners as Sundance TV and ABC TV Australia.”
- The Singapore High Court has blocked dozens of illicit streaming sites 75 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Banijay unveils new identity and portfolio 68 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 63 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 60 views | posted on July 10, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020