Keshet International (KI) has sold its critically acclaimed, award-winning drama False Flag (8 x 45’) to French premium pay-TV channel, Canal+. The sale, brokered by KI Sales Director Nelly Feld, comes ahead of the series launch on Keshet Broadcasting later this year and the show’s official international launch at MIPCOM 2015. The deal sees StudioCanal acquiring exclusive rights to the series in France including TV, home entertainment and on-demand.
Diane Reynald, Head of Acquisitions TV Programming Canal+, says, “We are very happy to be adding False Flag to our line-up of foreign drama. Canal+ subscribers are eager to discover series from all around the world and especially from Israel as it is renowned for its productions”.
The gripping espionage thriller, which sees five ordinary citizens implicated in a high profile kidnapping, has been much talked about internationally. This is resulted by its world premiere as part of a special selection at Berlinale 2015 and its award of the Grand Prize at Series Mania 2015 (The Public Prize) jointly with HBO’s Olive Kitteridge.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 46 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020