DHX Media, a key player internationally in the creation of content for families and children, has signed broadcast deals with Disney XD channels for two series recently commissioned by DHX TV to air originally on its Family CHRGD channel. DHX Media licensed the new 50×11’ animated fantasy series, Fangbone! to Disney XD channels in the US, Latin America, South East Asia and Taiwan. In a further deal, it also licensed the innovative original series Gaming Show (In My Parents’ Garage) to Disney XD in the US.
“These are two very strong shows and distinctive within their genre,” said Josh Scherba, SVP Distribution of DHX Media. “Adventure, fantasy and comedy are core ingredients to great children’s content and Fangbone! has all of these in spades, while Gaming Show’s cross-platform approach keeps it at the forefront of gaming trends and editorially relevant to its audience. DHX Media continues to work with best-in-class original producers like Radical Sheep and B-Minors, and we are excited to see these series gain broadcast platforms in key international markets.”
Fangbone! is a tale of epic comedy, epic action and epic epicness! The series is based on the books by New York Times bestselling author Michael Rex.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020