Seoul, Korea – CJ E&M says that its new travel-themed online reality show titled New Journey to the West will be streamed exclusively on Tencent’s QQ.com for viewers in China from September 4, simultaneously with its run in Korea.
Directed by Na Young Suk who’s best known for having produced numerous hit reality TV series, such as ‘Grandpas over Flowers’ and ‘Three Meals a Day,’ his latest variety show ‘New Journey to the West’ stars popular celebrities as Kang Ho Dong, Lee Seung Gi, Eun Ji Won and Lee Soo Guen. Based on the Chinese ancient classic novel ‘Journey to the West,’ the quartet will travel to Xi’an in China, while role-playing the novel’s four main characters – the Monkey King, the Pig Guy, the Monk Sha and the Master – to complete various missions along the way.
The show’s two official teasers were released in Korea on August 25 and 28 respectively, with a total of 2.5 million views so far, while they became available at QQ.com on August 28.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 81 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 46 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020