Toronto– The organizers of the 37th edition of the Banff World Media Festival are thrilled to announce that successful pay-TV service HBO will be honored as its esteemed Company of Distinction at the annual event which takes place June 12-15, 2016 at the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel in Banff, Alberta. With the designation, Banff proudly announces that Richard Plepler, Chairman and CEO of HBO, will deliver the Company of Distinction keynote.
As 2016’s Company of Distinction, HBO’s executives, producers and talent will be featured throughout the four-day event. The program was started in 2013, honoring CBS Corporation, followed by Lionsgate Entertainment in 2014 and A+E Networks in 2015.
HBO is the innovative, premium television programming subsidiary of Time Warner Inc. providing two television services, HBO and Cinemax, to approximately 122 million subscribers globally. HBO also launched in the U.S. this year the standalone streaming service HBO NOW for broadband-only consumers wanting access to HBO programming. HBO and Cinemax programming is sold to over 150 countries globally. HBO received 43 Primetime Emmy Awards, the most of any network for the 14th year in a row, and the most in HBO history, at the 67th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 52 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 47 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 40 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020