HBO has announced a five-year deal to carry new seasons of the popular children’s show Sesame Street. The partnership will make the next five seasons of available exclusively on HBO as well as HBO Go and HBO Now, the network’s streaming services. The deal will allow Sesame Workshop, its prodco, to produce almost twice as much new content as previous seasons and make the show available for free to PBS, the US public broadcaster, and its member stations nine months later.
Sesame Workshop will also produce a “Muppets” spinoff series and develop a new original educational series for children for HBO, which has licensed more than 150 library episodes of Sesame Street.
- The Singapore High Court has blocked dozens of illicit streaming sites 75 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Banijay unveils new identity and portfolio 69 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 63 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 60 views | posted on July 10, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020