HBO has announced a five-year deal to carry new seasons of the popular children’s show Sesame Street. The partnership will make the next five seasons of available exclusively on HBO as well as HBO Go and HBO Now, the network’s streaming services. The deal will allow Sesame Workshop, its prodco, to produce almost twice as much new content as previous seasons and make the show available for free to PBS, the US public broadcaster, and its member stations nine months later.
Sesame Workshop will also produce a “Muppets” spinoff series and develop a new original educational series for children for HBO, which has licensed more than 150 library episodes of Sesame Street.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 87 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 60 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 39 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020