Singapore – HBO Asia and StarHub announced two initiatives that take HBO’s highly coveted content across multiple digital platforms via StarHub’s new online streaming service, StarHub Go.
Ballers S106 – Photo credit HBO Jeff Daly
Launch of HBO GO on StarHub Go
HBO’s premium proprietary content, including its wildly popular Game of Thrones series, will be available directly to consumers in Singapore without a pay TV subscription. Consumers need only the Internet and a monthly subscription to StarHub Go’s Go Premium Pack# for instant access to stream an ever-increasing catalogue of HBO and Cinemax Originals anywhere, anytime, using multiple devices*.
At launch, viewers will enjoy full access to over 300 hours of HBO and Cinemax Original series and films. This expanding content catalogue increases weekly and is set to reach 1,000 hours by the end of 2015, with more series and films added, along with HBO documentaries and specials.
Titles at launch on HBO GO include Game of Thrones, True Detective, Ballers, The Brink, Veep, The Knick, Strike Back, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Entourage, Rome and The Newsroom. Programmes will be played in high definition, and up to Singapore’s M18 theatrical rating.
“There’s so much demand for HBO’s award-winning content that delivering them digitally on multiple devices for our fans to watch on their own terms has been foremost priority,” says Jonathan Spink, CEO of HBO Asia, “Introducing HBO Asia’s standalone streaming service on StarHub Go without a traditional pay TV subscription is a natural progression for us to reach new audiences.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 33 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020