Singapore – HBO Asia and StarHub announced two initiatives that take HBO’s highly coveted content across multiple digital platforms via StarHub’s new online streaming service, StarHub Go.
Ballers S106 – Photo credit HBO Jeff Daly
Launch of HBO GO on StarHub Go
HBO’s premium proprietary content, including its wildly popular Game of Thrones series, will be available directly to consumers in Singapore without a pay TV subscription. Consumers need only the Internet and a monthly subscription to StarHub Go’s Go Premium Pack# for instant access to stream an ever-increasing catalogue of HBO and Cinemax Originals anywhere, anytime, using multiple devices*.
At launch, viewers will enjoy full access to over 300 hours of HBO and Cinemax Original series and films. This expanding content catalogue increases weekly and is set to reach 1,000 hours by the end of 2015, with more series and films added, along with HBO documentaries and specials.
Titles at launch on HBO GO include Game of Thrones, True Detective, Ballers, The Brink, Veep, The Knick, Strike Back, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Entourage, Rome and The Newsroom. Programmes will be played in high definition, and up to Singapore’s M18 theatrical rating.
“There’s so much demand for HBO’s award-winning content that delivering them digitally on multiple devices for our fans to watch on their own terms has been foremost priority,” says Jonathan Spink, CEO of HBO Asia, “Introducing HBO Asia’s standalone streaming service on StarHub Go without a traditional pay TV subscription is a natural progression for us to reach new audiences.”
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 71 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 70 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 38 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 29 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020