Dish TV, an Indian pay-TV giant, is launching a simplified VOD service that works without needing access to the Internet. Dish TV will download 15 films a month (one every two days) in a ratio of 70/30 in favour of Hindi/English-language movies. The usual pause, rewind/replay, fast-forward benefits would be available. The box would come pre-loaded with 50 movies, and 15 would then be added each month on a on a first in, first out basis.
Potential users to DishFlix need an additional $92 (Rupees 5990) storage STB to access the service and then subscribe for $1.53 a month. Other languages will be added later.
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 95 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 95 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 90 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 45 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020