BoPaul Media adds “Miracle Worker” to MIPCOM slate
Following closely on the heels of its acquisition of George C. Scott’s “Mussolini: The Untold Story” mini-series, BoPaul Media Worldwide announces purchases of two other vintage television movies from the archives of the estate of famed producer Raymond Katz.
They are: “The Miracle Worker”, starring Patty Duke Astin as Annie Sullivan and Melissa Gilbert (“Little House on the Prairie”) as her pupil Helen Keller. Telecast on NBC, it won an Emmy Award for best movie of 1979. The original theatrical film starred Duke as Helen Keller, the blind, deaf-mute child whose world was as savage as it was pitiful; she won the Academy Award for that performance. This production’s teleplay was written by William Gibson and based on his classic Broadway play “The Miracle Worker”. Both the theatrical play and the two award-winning films have been shown with critical acclaim in virtually every country of the world.
Also “Miss America: Behind the Crown,” a look behind the Miss America crown of Carolyn Sapp, playing herself in the story of her abusive relationship with a professional football player. The subject matter is very much relevant to today’s epidemic of similar treatment of women by athletes and other celebrities. The 90-minute film was telecast originally in 1992 on NBC in the U.S.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 92 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 51 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020