Kuala Lumpur – Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) via its award winning IPTV service, HyppTV, and Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific launched Boomerang, a global kids’ network. Now available to Malaysians via HyppTV Channel 555, Boomerang features a line-up of household names and contemporary cartoons programmed for both kids and their families.
Available in dual languages – English and Bahasa Malaysia, HyppTV subscribers can tune-in from now until 30 September 2015 for a free preview of the channel. Boomerang offers exclusive, first-run content including new episodes of timeless favourites such as Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes, as well as premium series including Garfield, Pink Panther and Pals, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Inspector Gadget, and DreamWorks’ Turbo FAST and its two Dragons series: Dragons: Riders of Berk and Dragons: Defenders of Berk.
Viewers can also expect a wave of new shows and new episodes of familiar favourites with fresh, premium content from shows like Wabbit, Mr. Bean and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo coming their way later this year!
The new channel was launched by Jeremy Kung, Executive Vice President, New Media, TM and Mark Eyers, Chief Content Officer for Kids Networks in Asia Pacific, Turner International in a fun and colorful event held in Bangsar Shopping Centre.
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 57 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 40 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 36 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 32 views | posted on October 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020