BBC Worldwide has announced its first VOD deal in India. The deal, with direct to home provider (DTH) – Tata Sky – comprises of SVOD and TVOD services. It gives subscribers in eight metros in India access to the best of the BBC’s drama and comedy via ‘BBC On-Demand’, a branded property on Tata Sky’s platform. Viewers can now also access it online via their TVs, PCs, tablets and mobiles.
Programmes that will be available on the service include Luther, starring Idris Alba, who won a Golden Globe for his role as a brilliant but emotionally impulsive murder detective; The Honorable Woman starring Maggie Gyllenhaal who won a Golden Globe for her portrayal of a powerful businesswoman haunted by events from her past in a thriller set in the Middle East; and Burton and Taylor, based on the legendary acting duo, Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor starring Dominic West and Helena Bonham Carter. Kickstarting the block is classic hit Yes, Prime Minister, contemporary comedy, Citizen Khan and an endearing drama, Being Erica.
“In a study commissioned by BBC Worldwide earlier this year, we found that quality of content, British humour, and a love of original British dramas were the top reasons why people, including Indians, enjoy British television programmes,” said Myleeta Aga, SVP and GM of BBC Worldwide in India. “We are very excited to be working with Tata Sky to bring these award winning and high quality programmes, many never before seen in India, to Tata Sky’s subscribers, where they can access them anytime, anywhere.”
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 180 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 102 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020