Independent distributor all3media International has secured a host of sales for Eleventh Hour Films’ major new returnable mini-series Safe House, as broadcasters throughout the world, including leading French channel France 3 and Germany’s ZDF, signed the primetime drama. The 4 x 1 hour thriller made its debut on the UK’s ITV in April this year, securing an impressive 25% share in primetime.
Through all3media International’s distribution, Safe House will now showcase in primetime on public broadcaster France Télévisions’ France 3 later this year. At the same time, NBC in France has also acquired cable and satellite window rights.
Further deals in Europe include ZDF Neo in Germany, TV4 in Sweden, TV2 in Denmark, NRK in Norway, VRT in Flemish Belgium, HRT in Croatia and UTV in Eire. BBC Worldwide Channels has also acquired Safe House for air on BBC First in Australia, alongside ITV International Channels for pan-Asia and Africa broadcast, TV3 for New Zealand and Wowow for Japan. DVD deals already signed include RLJE International for UK, Eire, Gibraltar and Malta, Polyband for Germany, and ABC for Australia and New Zealand.
Peter Grant, SVP Sales who concluded the deals for France and Germany for all3media International, commented, “Safe House sees Christopher Eccleston lead a stellar cast of internationally renowned talent in this fresh and contemporary take on the investigative crime genre. We knew this sophisticated ‘event’ thriller would play out well with our international broadcasters and are delighted to announce such a strong line-up of deals already in place, with our partners such as France 3 and ZDF. The drama made its UK debut to great reviews and a huge 5.6 million primetime viewers, which has only fuelled demand from the global market.”
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021