Hong Kong – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd. (AsiaSat) has reached an agreement with in-flight entertainment and connectivity service provider Aircom Pacific, Inc. (Aircom Pacific) for using AsiaSat’s transponder capacity and uplinking services.
Under the agreement, Aircom Pacific will use Ka-band and Ku-band capacity on AsiaSat 7 and AsiaSat 8 to deliver its in-flight entertainment and connectivity services for airlines flying routes over Asia. These services include Wifi broadband Internet, streaming TV and videos, streaming gaming, cellular connectivity, and real-time Duty Free shopping and travel services, enabling passengers to enjoy more comprehensive entertainment options during their flight while staying connected to their work and social networks at all times.
“We chose AsiaSat as our satellite partner because it offers us the capacity, coverage and expertise in aero services necessary to ensure a successful implementation in the coming calendar year. The airline industry is intensely competitive. In-flight entertainment and connectivity will be the key for airlines to achieve differentiation and to boost passenger loyalty. Working with AsiaSat to launch this brand new range of in-flight services, we anticipate providing our partner airlines better value, improved and more convenient services to their passengers,” said Alan Gallant, Chief Marketing Officer of Aircom Pacific.
“Advanced satellite solutions are playing an increasingly important role in enabling in-flight service providers and airlines to offer the best possible entertainment and connectivity solution to their passengers. We are excited that AsiaSat’s satellite capacity was selected by Aircom Pacific to deliver more sophisticated in-flight communications and entertainment services that meet passengers’ growing demand for higher-quality entertainment and connectivity,” said Philip Balaam, Vice President, Sales and Business Development of AsiaSat.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 52 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 45 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020