Hong Kong – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd. (AsiaSat) has reached an agreement with in-flight entertainment and connectivity service provider Aircom Pacific, Inc. (Aircom Pacific) for using AsiaSat’s transponder capacity and uplinking services.
Under the agreement, Aircom Pacific will use Ka-band and Ku-band capacity on AsiaSat 7 and AsiaSat 8 to deliver its in-flight entertainment and connectivity services for airlines flying routes over Asia. These services include Wifi broadband Internet, streaming TV and videos, streaming gaming, cellular connectivity, and real-time Duty Free shopping and travel services, enabling passengers to enjoy more comprehensive entertainment options during their flight while staying connected to their work and social networks at all times.
“We chose AsiaSat as our satellite partner because it offers us the capacity, coverage and expertise in aero services necessary to ensure a successful implementation in the coming calendar year. The airline industry is intensely competitive. In-flight entertainment and connectivity will be the key for airlines to achieve differentiation and to boost passenger loyalty. Working with AsiaSat to launch this brand new range of in-flight services, we anticipate providing our partner airlines better value, improved and more convenient services to their passengers,” said Alan Gallant, Chief Marketing Officer of Aircom Pacific.
“Advanced satellite solutions are playing an increasingly important role in enabling in-flight service providers and airlines to offer the best possible entertainment and connectivity solution to their passengers. We are excited that AsiaSat’s satellite capacity was selected by Aircom Pacific to deliver more sophisticated in-flight communications and entertainment services that meet passengers’ growing demand for higher-quality entertainment and connectivity,” said Philip Balaam, Vice President, Sales and Business Development of AsiaSat.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 180 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 102 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020