Hong Kong – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd. (AsiaSat) has reached an agreement with in-flight entertainment and connectivity service provider Aircom Pacific, Inc. (Aircom Pacific) for using AsiaSat’s transponder capacity and uplinking services.
Under the agreement, Aircom Pacific will use Ka-band and Ku-band capacity on AsiaSat 7 and AsiaSat 8 to deliver its in-flight entertainment and connectivity services for airlines flying routes over Asia. These services include Wifi broadband Internet, streaming TV and videos, streaming gaming, cellular connectivity, and real-time Duty Free shopping and travel services, enabling passengers to enjoy more comprehensive entertainment options during their flight while staying connected to their work and social networks at all times.
“We chose AsiaSat as our satellite partner because it offers us the capacity, coverage and expertise in aero services necessary to ensure a successful implementation in the coming calendar year. The airline industry is intensely competitive. In-flight entertainment and connectivity will be the key for airlines to achieve differentiation and to boost passenger loyalty. Working with AsiaSat to launch this brand new range of in-flight services, we anticipate providing our partner airlines better value, improved and more convenient services to their passengers,” said Alan Gallant, Chief Marketing Officer of Aircom Pacific.
“Advanced satellite solutions are playing an increasingly important role in enabling in-flight service providers and airlines to offer the best possible entertainment and connectivity solution to their passengers. We are excited that AsiaSat’s satellite capacity was selected by Aircom Pacific to deliver more sophisticated in-flight communications and entertainment services that meet passengers’ growing demand for higher-quality entertainment and connectivity,” said Philip Balaam, Vice President, Sales and Business Development of AsiaSat.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 37 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020