Paris – Sophie Turner Laing, Chief Executive Officer of Endemol Shine Group, will keynote at MIPCOM in Cannes on 5 October.
Taking the stage for the first time since her appointment as head of the newly-formed global content creator, producer and distributor, Turner Laing will be part of MIPCOM’s 2015 Media Mastermind Keynote Series.
As Chief Executive Officer of Endemol Shine Group, Turner Laing oversees a network of over 120 companies in more than 30 markets with a portfolio of approximately 600 revenue-generating titles across scripted and non-scripted genres. The company was formed by the joint venture bringing together Endemol, Shine Group, and CORE Media Group at the beginning of 2015.
With productions in over 50 languages for multiple platforms around the world, Endemol Shine Group’s best-known international hits include Big Brother, Black Mirror, Broadchurch, Bron (The Bridge), Deal or No Deal, Hell on Wheels, Humans, The Island, MasterChef, Mr. Bean, Peaky Blinders, So You Think You Can Dance, The Biggest Loser, The Fall, The Money Drop and many more titles.
Prior to taking up her current role in December 2014, Turner Laing held a number of senior positions at Sky in the UK, including Director of Movies and Managing Director, Content. Turner Laing was instrumental in forging Sky’s ground-breaking partnership with HBO, which led to the launch of Sky Atlantic. She was also the driving force behind Sky’s commitment to increase investment in original British programming to £600m a year, achieved in 2014.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 101 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 62 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020